iOffer restrict accounts for various reasons, including misuse of our policies, suspicious or fraudulent activity, and general system abuse. One or more of the following can lead to account restrictions:
General misuse of our policies
- All users must have valid contact information (mailing address, credit card information) on file
- Multiple, repeated registrations after already being suspended
- Member abuse of any kind
- Purchasing your own items to boost your own ratings
- Going around our system to avoid fees or using features in ways that are not intended
- Spamming other members or sending unsolicited content
- Listing items in the wrong categories
- Violating our Listing Policy
Reasons for account restrictions
- High unpaid balance - Sellers are required to maintain a minimal, consistent account balance to continue selling.
- Shill Buying/Selling - Purchasing your own items to boost your ratings is strictly prohibited.
- Buyer Dispute - Sellers must respond and resolve all disputes to continue selling.
- COPS Suspension - COPS members are responsible for removing items for copyright or trademark infringement.
- Contact Information - Posting any type of contact information in public areas of the site is strictly prohibited.
- Spam - Posting irrelevant and multiples of the same comments in transactions and Want Ads.
- Recent Unrated Transactions - Sellers are required to maintain a reputable selling history with positive ratings.
- Poor Rating Percentage - Users cannot receive too many negative or Non-Paying Buyer ratings in a given time.
- Fee Avoidance - Selling items off-site or at a very low price will result in administrative fines & account restrictions.
- User Location - Users from "high fraud risk" areas aren't able to access certain parts of the site.
- Too Many Accounts - Opening too many accounts without a legitimate reason. (Ex: Opening accounts to sell multiple types of items is a legitimate reason; opening accounts to buy items from different sellers is not)